SMART Conflict Management & Dispute Resolution
Richard Hurford and Zena Zumeta presenting the SMART program
For most conflicts, litigation is a poor solution. The majority of business litigation involves customers, suppliers and employees, groups with whom it makes good business sense to foster long-term relationships. As you can imagine, litigation doesn't do that. Fortunately, there's another option.
SMART Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Processes is a new program developed by Zena Zumeta and Richard Hurford. This approach harnesses the benefits that arise from conflict, enabling a business to reduce costs, decrease risk, preserve relationships, and continuously improve.
In particular, a SMART approach is strategic, measurable and appropriate, generates a significantly enhanced return on investment, and is teachable. Let's take a closer look at these components:
- Strategic: the approach is designed to achieve specific, identifiable objectives of the business;
- Measurable: it collects data and establishes metrics to determine if objectives are being met;
- Appropriate: it draws upon all dispute resolution techniques available, are "right sized," and meet the legitimate needs and expectations of the business stakeholders;
- Return on Investment: the approach results in significant cost savings.
- Teachable: stakeholders learn and embrace fundamental goals and focus on continuously improving the dispute resolution process to meet the strategic objectives of their organizations.
Contact us for more information or to arrange for SMART Conflict Management & Dispute Resolution services.